Sunday, March 15, 2009

CaRnIvAL!!!

The last week of Febuary we celebrated Carnival here in Cyprus. Carnival is like our Halloween,except the trick or treating, instead everyone dresses up in costume and goes to a big party. It really is a big celebration. Every year our volleyball club throws a big Carnival party for the players, coaches, sponsors, supportors and fans. It is tradition for everyone to dress up and have a date to the party so the men from the mens team ask someone from the womens team to be their date. My date for the night was Siso, a mens foreigner player from Venezuala. Me and him have become good friends and we have usually have movie night, and his favorite movie of mine has become The Mask of Zorro. So we decided to go as Zorro and Elena. So I headed to the stores here in search for the perfect Zorro costume and Elena costume. It turned out to be easier than i thought. The first store I went to I found a Zorro costume right away and as for me my friend Andrea let me borrow stuff from her for my costume and i just needed to buy some accessories. I have to say me and Siso were probably the best looking couple in costume there! ha! Other people dressed up as cowboys-cowgirls, flappers, babies, minnie mouse, singers and all sorts of other things. The night started with a dinner and then some dancing. Now here they celebrate Carnival for 2 weekends in a row, so we decided to go out after the party since we were all dressed up in costume, but once we got to the club we were the only ones dressed up! ha! The clubs werent having there big celebrations until the next weekend so we really stood out as foreigners in our costumes ha! Here are a few pictures from the night...

No comments: