Saturday, February 6, 2010

invincible...or so I thought

After 13 years of playing volleyball I have never had an injury that has kept me out of the game until now. In the first 10 points of the first set of a volleyball game a few weeks ago I went to go hit a ball and landed on the other team's middle blockers foot, which was clearly on our side of the line, and twisted my ankle. I went to the doctor the next day and took some x-rays and found out that I ruptured a few tendons and had a slight hairline fracture. I went and got a second opinion and he said the same thing. So I have been out for about 3 weeks now. I was on crutches for about a week and a half. I sat out 2 games so far and will miss one more and maybe one after that. I am going to try and start practicing light this week and see how it feels. It is still pretty tight and stiff, only a little swollen around the ankle bone and only a little painful. I am hoping that I will be able to play on it soon! I miss playing and I really dont like sitting and watching from the sideline!! So please keep me in your prayers!
Ok caution, I posted a few pics of the ankle, before looking at them Im throwing a caution out there for those who dont wanna see my feet! :) and I thought normal crutches were hard but try walking in the crutches i had in the snow!! It usually takes me about 7 minutes to walk to practice and with the crutches it took 25 minutes!! I am so thankful to be walking on my own two feet again!




No comments: