Monday, December 19, 2011

Birthday and Bowling

Another birthday overseas. Never expect too much but they also turn out to be good days. This year was also one of those times. My birthday fell on a Saturday this year and we played in Zagreb, which is about a 5 hour bus ride,on Sunday. So we were stuck on the bus for my birthday.
Over here in Europe if it is your birthday you have to provide the treat. So for my birthday I brought back with me some funfetti cake and frosting to make for the team. I figured they would love to have some American treat. Becci and her mom bought me some candles for my cupcakes so I would have some candles to blow out.


When we got to Zagreb we got to the hotel and had dinner and they surprised me with a birthday cake and they all sang happ birthday to me in Croatian. The president of the club also let us go out for a few hours to walk around Zagreb and celebrate a little. So all of us girls piled into a few cabs and headed out for a bit. It was nice to be able to celebrate my birthday a little bit on the actual day with the team. When we got back to the hotel we had a team cheer and then headed to bed.





We woke up the next day and headed to our game which we won in 3!

The following day we had off so Kiki, Reese, Reese's brother in law Jay, Z, Becci and I went bowling at the place next to our apartment called, Octopus Bowling. We have come to spend many a night at this bowling alley. The owners and workers there are so awesome and friendly and it is always a good time there!






No comments: