Monday, December 19, 2011

Leslie's Wedding Weekend!

What is a maid of honor to do when her sister is getting married the same time she is playing professional volleyball overseas?! Buy a ticket home of course! I had made sure in my contract before I left for Croatia that they knew I needed to go home the weekend of my sisters wedding. Thankfully they agreed to it and I was able to get home on a Thursday night and leave Monday afternoon so I could be there for everything. (I even missed a game that weekend! But they won in 3!) I am so thankful that it all worked out and I was able to be there for my sister and take part in the maid of honor duties!
The first night I got home my first stop on the way home from the airport was Del Taco! It never tasted better. My mom and I then headed to the mall to get last minute wedding stuff, like my dads suit jacket. I hit the hay pretty early that night cuz I was exhausted from flying all day.
Friday morning my mom, my little sister, the bride to be and I went and got massages. It was much needed and a great way to prepare for the weekend ahead. We then stopped and got In&Out and then met up with the other bridesmaids to get the bachelorette party started! First stop was to get a little pampered and get manicures and pedicures done. Once we did that we all met up at Alicias house and got ready and had some yummy snacks (thanks for the best whipped cream ever Aaron!)Once we were all ready as maid of honor I felt it was my duty to embarrass the bride a little bit, so we played a few games and had a few presents for the bride to be.




After the lil party at Alicias house we headed out to dinner at the Public House in Temecula. It was a great place and a fun atmosphere for us girls to enjoy dinner at.
We then decided to walk the streets of Old Town Temecula and see where the night would take us. We ended up going to one of the bars there and had a great time dancing and laughing with each other!






Saturday morning we headed back to Temecula for the lunch rehearasl. It all went pretty quick and smooth and we got things done and figured out right away. For the lunch we headed to Baileys and enjoyed some delicoius food and our time together before the big day!






Later that night we had family come over to our house to have some food and drinks and just hang out with each other since it is rare to get everybody in one place. I was so excited to see family from Idaho and Arizona who I hadnt seen in forever.My little cousin Emma was so excited to be able to "workout" with me and the other girls were so excited to go to a wedding! It was great having them all around! And the girls were a big help the night before the wedding helping with decorations and babysitting Mia!

The Big Day! We started off with all the bridesmaids getting our hair done in Hemet, taking over the salon. Kellie and I were the first 2 done and took off to get some last minute details done and get to the wedding site to finish preparing the Maid Of Honor speech. Believe me I was stressing over it. I had planned something great but didnt know if it was going to work and I had no back up plan, so it had to work! I was worried all the way up till the reception. But once we all got to the wedding sight the bride to be was relaxed and ready to go. We got ourselves ready and took pictures, had lunch, laughed and danced. Everything was coming together perfect and we were minutes from walking down the aisle. The cutest little flower girl was the only little minor worry for a second. She was riding down in a wagon sitting on her bumbo, but she has fallen asleep right as we were about to make our entrance. Thankfully my mom and dad woke her up and she stayed awake for her o so cute ride down the aisle. The wedding was beautiful and it went perfect. Now it was time to party!




The wedding site was called the Longshadow Ranch winery in Temecula and it was a beautiful place. The reception setup, the food and the decorations were perfect. After dinner was speech time. Like I said I was still worrying about my speech but thankfully the awesome DJ was there to help! I had prepared music with my speech and he was able to download his music to his setup and he nailed every song! My little sister and I got a lot of compliments on the speech and I am just so happy that it went over well, especially with the bride! The rest of the reception we danced the night away, especially my dad! We were all sad when the dj said it was the last dance of the night.










The whole weekend was special and absolutely amazing to be there for. I dont know what I would have done if I had missed it. The bride looked the best I have ever seen her, the wedding was perfect, there was alot of laughter the whole weekend and many unforgettable memories.I loved seeing my family, family from other states, my best friend and many other friends who mean so much!

No comments: